Employment at Lyndoch Lavender Farm
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED - thankyou to all applicants
We have an exciting employment opportunity to join our team as a RETAIL ASSISTANT at our unique, award winning, Barossa Tourist Attraction. (posted 4/11/21)
Lyndoch Lavender Farm and Cafe, a 100% Australian family owned and run business, was established over 30 years ago in the Barossa Valley. We are focussed on enhancing, expanding and transforming our dynamic business, and are driven within a customer and team first culture.
About the Role
The successful applicant will help us continue to grow in all aspects of our business by providing outstanding customer service and experiences in our shop, cafe and farm and bringing our story, our key focus – lavender - and our products to life.
Email us asap at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, if you would like to join our team and are excited about how your goals and abilities match the type of person we are looking for.
We are looking for an energetic, competent, motivated, hard working individual with a mature, professional approach to join our team.
- Someone who can work initially 2 to 3 days a week, with a long term position possible for the right person.
- Someone who can work weekdays, with the flexibility of occasional weekend work as required.
- Someone who is confident, with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills - an All Rounder with a level of experience in retail sales, cafe food preparation, the ability to learn, chip in, with an eye for detail.
- Being an Ambassador for the Lyndoch Lavender Farm and Cafe, and the Barossa Valley
- Communicating and interacting with a wide range of customers/visitors
- Maintaining venue presentation standards
- Contributing to a smooth efficient running of our busy shop and cafe
- Providing an enjoyable, educational and consistent presentation of all our products and associated merchandise
- Preparing and service of snacks and beverages for the Café
- Cash register and float management at the end of some days
- Assisting with stock management
- Cleaning kitchen, shop and pantry areas to required standards
- Being reliable, trustworthy and punctual
- Capable of working with a diverse range of responsibilities
- Available 10am – 4.30 weekdays, possible occasional weekends
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience in retail and hospitality
- Excellent people management and customer service skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- An ability to work autonomously and have a team first work ethic
- Mobile and physically fit
- Enthusiasm with initiative and a strong work ethic
- Customer focussed, polite and friendly
- Have an approachable interaction with all customers, other staff and management,
- Be a team player
- Have a positive friendly attitude
- Have strong problem solving skills
- Be committed to the continuing growth and expansion of our business
- Have an attention to detail, performing all jobs to the best of your ability
- Enjoys learning new skills,
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a current SA RSA certificate
- Complying with RSA, OHS, Liquor Licensing, Covid-19 requirements, Consumer and Industrial Relations, and HACCP qualifications/food safety Food Safety legislation.